Sunday, November 1, 2009

I feel sad for her....

You are such a sensitive boy. You are often in-tune to others feelings and are very intuitive.

A couple days after we received our referral for Melia, you and I were talking early (early for you is 8 or 9, you really like to sleep in) one morning. Daddy and I had been talking the night before about baby 'S' and what we should name her. Daddy was set on Melia and I had to sleep on it. When I woke up I asked you what you thought. You loved it! So we spent some time talking about baby Melia and out of the blue you said "I feel sad for her mommy. I think she misses her baby." Wow, you are so insightful and encouraged me to pray more for her birth mother. One of those hard things about adoption--someone's sorrow and sadness is someone else's joy. You seemed to understand that at the age of 5.

You also asked if her mommy could come and visit us someday and we could take care of her, too. Such a sweet boy! Your sister is blessed to have a brother who cares so much about her past.


No comments: